Setster integrates with PayPal and Stripe payment processing gateway. Each of these payment gateways have different payment methods and features and options. Please read the following carefully when deciding on which one is right for you.
Option 1 Stripe -
Stripe is a payment gateway that allows you to accept the full payment for a service during the booking. Here are some of its features:
- Customers will be asked to enter their credit card details during the booking, and the booking will only happen if the credit card transaction is successful. This allows you to make sure that you're paid in full before any customer books.
- More currencies to choose from than PayPal
- Every transaction that is made via Stripe will create a client in your Stripe account and you can login to your Stripe account and charge this customer again. This can be a great feature if you wish to charge a customer a late fee or an andittional cost incurred.
You do need a Stripe account and you can create a Stripe account if you do not have one already by doing the following:
- Login to your Setster account
- Go to Settings >> Account >> Accept Payments
- Select Stripe from the Payment Gateway list.
- Click on the connect Stripe button
- In the pop up window click on "Don't have a Stripe account? Sign up"
- Make sure to create a Stripe account and submit all the info they require to take your Stripe account live.
For more info on Stripe please read their support articles here: https://stripe.com/us/pricing
To setup Stripe with Setster please follow the instructions here.
Option 2 PayPal
PayPal offers many different payment methods and Setster integrates with PayPal via their Paypal Standard offering. All we need is your PayPal account email address we take care of the rest.
Here are some of its features:
- With PayPal the payment is requested after the appointment is booked. So we're not able to confirm payment like Stripe above. When a client books an appointment that requires a payment, they will be prompted at the end of scheduling to pay and are shown a PayPal button. We also email them immediately to remind them to make the payment before the actual appointment. The time booked will remain blocked even if unpaid until either the appointment is canceled by admin or the customer. You will be able to see unpaid appointments in your Setster calendar to differentiate them.
- With PayPal you can ask for a deposit or partial payment with PayPal. This is not available with Stripe.
- With PayPal you cannot charge a customer again later if you need to. This is available in Stripe only.
- You can have different PayPal accounts set to different locations. This allows you to collect money based on which location the customer is booking with. This is not available in Stripe.
To setup PayPal Standard with Setster please follow the instructions here.