If you wish to ask for partial payment (deposit) and not the full cost of your service to book an appointment then you need to use PayPal Standard as your payment gateway. We currently offer PayPal and Stripe, but Stripe will collect the full amount of your service, while PayPal has the option to set a deposit.
To setup partial payment:
- Go to Settings >> Services
- Click on the edit icon of the service in question
- Put the price in the price section.
- Scroll down to request minimum payment and add a minimum amount.
- Make sure that you have PayPal setup and active in your account.
Once a customer books, they will be asked to pay this minimum amount via PayPal. Please read more important info about PayPal here.