The Setster widget can be placed on your website in many different ways and can allow for a more personalized experience for booking to happen within your own site. We will try to cover the basics here, but please note you can connect with us at any time if you have something specific in mind as we're capable to advance this integration in many ways.
Getting Your Widget Code Ready
First you need to decide which type of widget suits your website best, and how you want this to appear on your site
- Login into Setster
- Go to Settings >> Integrate >> Website or Blog
- Select Appointment Button Position: This is where the Setster appointment tab would appear. You have the option of: Left, Right, Hidden or Embed.
- Hidden allows you to add the code without the button then create your own button, word or image on your own site to open the appointment widget. Instructions on this found here. This is a great way to keep the look of your site your own.
- There is also an embed option, if you wish to embed the booking widget into a page. Instructions on this found here. This looks similar to how a YouTube video looks like on a website as part of the page when it loads.
- Left or Right: You have the option of adding an 'Appointment' button on your site that when clicked will open the widget as a pop-up/overlay. Click on the dark grey "Left" or "Right" button to see all the available options.
Email Code to Your Developer
If you have someone else updating your website for you, you can email them the code you created above directly by entering their email address and clicking Send. We will then send them an email with instructions.
Adding Code To Website
The Basic Idea
Setster can easily be added to your site with a simple copy and paste. Most platforms allow you to edit the HTML, and this is where the Setster code needs to go within body just before the </body> closing tag.
Here is an example:
Paste your Setster Code here.
Some popular platforms:
If you are using a self hosted version of WordPress checkout the steps here.
Self Service Website Builders & Blogging Platforms
If you are using other blogging platforms or a website building platform they almost all have some way for you to inject your own codes into the generated HTML of the website. This is where you would need to copy and paste the code. The most common instructions provided by a custom HTML button you can use to inject these types of codes. What you need to do is follow the same instructions but insert the Setster code instead. Feel free to get in touch with your platform name and we can help.
Content Management Systems (CMS)
Content management systems can be hosted or running on your own servers. Content management systems are very flexible in regards to modifying the HTML of the website. In your content management system, open up your HTML viewer. Paste the Setster code into your HTML viewer window. Then click 'OK' or 'Save.' If you have a system administrator responsible for this task just point them to this help section for instructions. The basic idea is the same as all sections above.
Still need help?
For more info, please do get in touch.